Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh, what a wonderful world



Snow. S-n-o-w. Lots of it. This weekend we were pounded with what the President has dubbed "Snowmageddon." We have close to two feet! And it took a great effort to shovel ourselves out of the house and car. But oh, it is beautiful! And I have enjoyed the time "snowed in" by creating delectable dishes, watching a few flicks, cuddling with my hubby and baby boy- a welcome reprise from running all over the city.




My forte of choice in the kitchen lately has been soups. I have created several Adriane originals, including (but not limited to) French Onion with Chicken, African Peanut Chicken Stew, and something I call Pot of Gold Soup- with chicken, cream of chicken, cannellini beans, broccoli, tomatoes, and a few other vegetables. I just LOVE experimenting with new things. And what is better on a cold snowy day than a bowl of piping hot soup?

I've tried to bake bread recently as well, but it seems my bread machine is quickly failing. If anyone knows of someone who is looking to give one up, here is a willing recipient! :)

Tim and I have been going through a "Praise & Worship" devotional together. Something he said as we talked last night really struck me. We were discussing the question, "What does it mean to you to come to Jesus as a little child?" Tim referenced how our parents always provided food and brought in money and we never worried about finances or where our next meal would come from as a child. He reflected that to him, that's what it means to come to Jesus with childlike faith. Dependence upon Him, trusting without a doubt that He will provide for our every need! How beautiful. Thank you, Jesus, for loving us so deeply.

The baby boy is awake and I shall go fetch him! <3 Peace to you!

No comments: