Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Flutters of life

My little one moves so much! What a joy it is to feel him kicking. He will be with us before we know it!

This weekend Grandma and Grandpa Horst brought us news and pictures of Honduras, as a result of their recent two-week jaunt in Tegucigalpa. Turns out their trip turned out to be longer than originally anticipated due to unforeseen complications (as can be expected in a "developing country") and physical ailments. But they have returned safely and got to spend some precious time with my family, whom I miss dearly. They also helped us move our washer and dryer (!) into our basement, which is beyond exciting for me. I feel I can successfully fulfill one of the most important duties of wifehood without bumming off Carolyn & crew (although I must say I enjoyed the time spent hanging out while waiting for the wash) or carrying laundry across town! hehe.

I think my family is doing really well. Grandma and Grandpa said they are happy and really beginning to adjust and fit in, both culturally and linguistically. How I long to visit! I promised myself when I left two years ago (already?) the next time I came it would be with Tim. (I also told myself that as I flew out of Paris a year before that. haha. God had sure given me some assurance we would be together!!!) Not only that, but hear me on this. Call him somewhat of a prophet, but my host father, dear Papi Pompilio, also told me (at the time I had been dating Tim for about a year) that the next time I came back to visit I would come with my husband Timoteo. :) How wonderful! There are so many people I want him to meet and places to go when we visit. Now I will be able to show little Elisha as well.

God is good! We have so many reasons to praise Him, they are innumerable! And He is so faithful.

2 comments:

Broken and Beautiful said...

Here's I song I sang recently that I know you will like. I feel like this applies:

How He Loves Us

By John Mark McMillan
Verse 1:
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

Pre-Chorus:
And oh, how He loves us all,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Chorus 1:
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

Verse 2:
We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss,
And the heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain this regrets,
When I think about, the way…

Chorus 2:
He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

PS Dosa said...

Adriane,

This is phil or flofor15 from xanga. Remember we met back a few year ago with Julie Durkee. Anyway. My facebook is listed under PS Dosa. Hope all is well.

Enjoy Jesus,

Phil