Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The sun has come again

Spring is trying to break through.

The sun is showing its glorious face again after a long winter of cloudy skies and bone-chilling wind.

This time of year is so perfect, so wonderful, for as we consider new life springing forth again, so can new life spring up in us! How I long for my spirit to be refreshed and renewed, as a new tulip bud comes from the ground!


I suppose you could say I'm getting a little anxious as each day passes and the months till Elisha's arrival dwindle. They say every prospective mother deals with a certain amount of tensions and fears, and I guess I have my share. I wonder how life will change. I wonder about the effect Elisha will have on Tim and my relationship and if we will still be able to stay as close as we've become. I wonder about finances and knowing how to do everything right...

But really, worrying won't do any good. Obviously that is not a new concept. Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow, for it will worry about itself. I know he clothes the lilies of the fields with beautiful garments and he will just as much take care of us.

And so I trust!

2 comments:

Broken and Beautiful said...

Phil. 4:6-8 :) Heb. 11:1

CarolynMcK said...

I'm so sure that the Lord has you all close in His hands. Well done, Ade, trusting your maker and His promises and leaving it at that despite the fears that threaten to worry us insane. They can't hold a candle to the promises we have!