Thursday, October 8, 2009

Homemade bread is a special treat.

I've recently recovered my mom's bread machine from storage. With my already-inherent love for cooking, how exciting the possibilities are now before me with this new toy in my kitchen!

So far I've only made bread twice, but today's recipe was much better than the first! I'm not sure what made it fall in the center (anybody have any ideas?), but the first bite melted in my mouth, if bread can do that. (I believe homemade bread can).

Multigrain Bread Recipe
www.cdkitchen.com

Serves/Makes: 1.5 lb. loaf

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups bread flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup rolled oats, toasted
3 tablespoons dry milk powder
3 tablespoons cornmeal
3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
2 teaspoons active dry yeast


Directions:

Place all ingredients in bread machine pan and process on basic or whole wheat cycle.

The flours in this recipe will vary in water absorption and so you may need to add more flour or water to get the right consistency. Let your machine knead for 5-6 minutes before adding any additional water or flour.

Yum!


On another note, as the days get crisper and the leaves begin to turn color, I am realizing how fast my little boy is growing. He's learning so much every day! I am also savoring the moments I have with him while we are nursing. I don't think I am going to make it to a whole year, because my milk supply just does not seem sufficient to help him grow and gain accordingly. I have the goal set for myself to make it to six months- which is only a little over a month away! I'm already starting to dread not being able to feed him.. so I may stick it out a little longer. How I love those moments where we can cuddle and be so close~ and I can just adore and love on my beautiful baby boy. I think my love for him grows every day. God created this parenthood thing to be so beautifully rewarding. I am so thankful!

My hubby is at class again this evening, which makes for a long day at home! Tuesdays and Thursdays are my days off work, which also happen to be the weeknights that Tim has class. I try to get a lot accomplished, but often I have to be satisfied with what I do get done. Elisha is a full-time job :).

I feel so very blessed at this season in life. God is so good. I cannot praise Him enough. I will live to glorify my King.

Here are a few pictures of Mr. Cutestuff himself:



2 comments:

mrs schneider said...

loooove this. i don't have a bread machine but i want to make bread. i may opt for the standard oven. we'll see (:

your baby is awesome.
i imagine him to be a sa-weet toddler.

Ana Degenaar said...

that sounds delicious!!!!!! mmmmm